Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Reindeer Cookies!!

So here are my reindeer cookies with a tutorial of sorts on how I made them!
So I used a gingerbread man cutter on these..
I made my sugar cookie recipe (posted previously) and baked the cookies.
I then drew and cut out a template for the reindeer's face, which I traced on with edible food marker and added antlers. 
I made up royal icing (also previously posted) and mixed some light pink and brown for piping. I filled in the inside of the ears with pink, and outlined everything in brown. I let them dry overnight.
The next evening I used some of the brown and thinned it down to "flood consistency" and filled in the brown face areas and let them dry overnight again.
The next night I used white and red icing to pipe on the nose and one eye, the let it set for about 20 minutes then added the second eye and some snow on the head and antlers.
After a few hours for this to set up, I made some black icing to pipe on the pupils, eyebrows and mouth.. And used the white to add a shine on the nose.
Finally the morning of the party, I used white gel paste food dye and a toothpick to add the whites on the pupils of the eyes. After a few minutes I wrapped them up in treat sacks and they were ready for the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Clinton, Illinois, United States